Paradise

Thursday 7 June 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I'm kind of embarrassed that almost all the recipes I've posted are for one-dish or casserole type meals. I guess I never really realized how often I make those kind of dinners. Well, just to add to the list, here's one more! The other night I made a gluten free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole and it was awesome! Even hubby liked it reheated for lunch the next day (a rare feat!). 

Rice on the Bottom

Chicken Layer

Ham Layer

Cheese layer

Cream of Chicken Soup Sauce Layer

Breadcrumb Layer


Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
Yield:  6 servings

4 cups cooked rice
3 cups (approx) of cubed, cooked chicken
1-2 cups chopped ham (I used deli ham)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used mozza)
Cream of Chicken Soup Sauce

3 cups milk
2 Tbs cornstarch
4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp mustard (not that I measure, 1 squirt!)

Breadcrumb Topping
2 slices of gluten free bread (lightly toasted)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp butter

Directions:

  1. Put cooked rice in bottom of a lightly greased 9x11 baking dish.
  2. Place chicken and ham evenly on top of rice.
  3. sprinkle shredded cheese evenly on top.
  4. Bring milk, cornstarch, chicken bouillon granules and mustard to a boil while whisking frequently. Once boiling, turn off heat and continue whisking for 1 minute. Pour over top of everything.
  5. In a mini chopper, combine all crumb topping ingredients and whirl until it forms a fine crumb mixture. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over top of the casserole.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes (or until hot and bubbly). Cover with foil if crumbs start to get too brown. Mine was fine without covering but I just want to throw that out there in case your oven works differently than mine! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment