Paradise

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Gluten Free and Comfort Foods

One thing I've noticed, looking back over my recent blog posts, is that I really tend to make a lot of comfort foods. Not that this has anything to do with being gluten free, in fact I've pretty much always cook like this. But it's nice to know that I can still eat my favorite style of food while being gluten free. (duh... is it any wonder why I can't lose weight?!)


Speaking of comfort food, last night I made this awesome pasta dish. It turned out really good, which got me thinking that I should also post my gluten free lasagna recipe soon. 


Today some of my co-workers made a spicy hot pepper chicken stir fry at work and I had some without making sure it was gluten free first. So far I haven't had any ill-effects, but I feel pretty guilty about not making sure it was safe.  

Which brings me to another point...


I do not have celiac disease (that I know of), but I've continued to eat gluten free because of the huge improvement with my tummy issues. However, both times I messed up and mistakenly ate wheat and/or gluten since going gluten free, I had serious cramping and diarrhea the following morning (sorry TMI). So I'm wondering if maybe the effects of wheat and/or gluten are more pronounced after cutting it out completely?


Does anyone know if that's a common thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment