Paradise

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Gluten Free Chicken & Mango Spring Rolls

This is another recipe adapted from Kraft. These Chicken & Mango Spring Rolls are also known as summer rolls or salad rolls. The fresh ingredients are rolled in a Vietnamese rice paper wrapper and served with an Asian peanut dipping sauce. The original recipe called for cilantro but I left it out because I don't really care for it.

I cooked the chicken breast in chicken broth (bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, then turn off burner and let sit for 10 more minutes with lid on) before shredding or chopping the chicken. I took a picture so you can see (plus you can see my wine in the background which I NEVER cook without! :)  By the way I love red and white wine. Have I mentioned this before?

Shredded Chicken Breast
Shredded Chicken Breast

Gluten Free Chicken & Mango Spring Rolls
Gluten Free Chicken & Mango Spring Rolls
 


Chicken & Mango Spring Rolls
Yield:  12 spring rolls

(always check labels to make sure ingredients are gluten free!)

12 rice paper sheet 
1/2 lb cooked shredded chicken breast (I poached in chicken broth, then shredded)
1 cup red pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 mango peeled and chopped
2 cups lettuce
2 cups cooked rice vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup Asian style salad dressing (I use a W.F. brand)
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 Tbs gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbs water

Directions:
  1. Soak rice paper sheets, 1 at a time in warm water, following package instructions. My package said 5 seconds in the water, then 30 seconds on a flat surface before adding ingredients and wrapping.
  2. Place chicken, mangoes, peppers, onions, noodles and lettuce on the bottom of each rice paper sheet and roll up, folding in sides and enclosing filling.
  3. Mix remaining ingredients until blended and serve as a dipping sauce with spring rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment