Paradise

Thursday 3 May 2012

Gluten Free Slow Baked Oven Ribs

I'm so mad at myself because I made these super tender, delicious ribs and forgot to take a picture! These gluten free, slow baked oven ribs are truly tender. The sauce glazes onto them during the final hour of baking, creating a sticky, BBQ-like glaze that is finger licking good!

OK, speaking of finger licking good, here's the funny thing... I have a major aversion to getting my fingers dirty so I actually eat my ribs (and wings and pizza, etc..!) with a knife and fork... ALWAYS. Ha! :) I've tried using my hands to eat things like this before, and without fail I always have to get up part way through eating to wash my hands. My mom says that this was even an issue when I was a baby, I would cry and insist on clean hands even back then!

Luckily these ribs turn out so tender that the meat easily comes off the bone with a knife and fork, so not an issue at all.

Oven Baked Ribs (slow cooked & tender!)
Yield:  4 servings

2 slabs of pork back ribs
salt & pepper (to taste)
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (regular vinegar will also work fine)
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbs gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbs Franks hot sauce (or your fav hot sauce)
1 Tbs dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika

Directions:
  1. Cut each rack of ribs in half to make a total of 4 half-slabs and place meaty side up on a rack in a 13x9 baking dish. Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and sprinkle the ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
  3. Meanwhile, prepare sauce by whisking the remaining ingredients together.
  4. Either drain, remove racks and return ribs to the pan, or (as I did) put the ribs in a clean pan, lined with foil and pour sauce over ribs. Turn the oven up to 350 degrees. Return the ribs to the oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour. You may need to baste the ribs a couple of times to make sure that the sauce fully coats the ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment