Paradise

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Carnival Cruise - Gluten Free Review

And finally - Gluten Free review of my Carnival Cruise... 

Our 7-night Carnival cruise aboard the Splendor was a success! We all had a great time and the kids loved Camp Carnival. 

I was excited to see how the gluten free experience would be. The first night we wend to the main dining room and I informed our server that I'm gluten free, so he sent over the restaurant hostess to speak with me. She was very accommodating and told me what my options were for dinner that first night. From then on she came to the table every evening to take my gluten free order for the next night. 

I meant to take pictures of everything, but I can't tell you how many times I finished eating and then smacked my head with my hand as I realized I forgot to take a picture of my meal *again*, ugh. So here are a few photos that I did remember to snap:

Gazpacho

French Onion Soup

Stuffed Mushrooms

Yukon Gold Potato Cream Soup




Assorted Seafood Newberg Style

Steak with Vegetables

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

Not sure what this was but it tasted like white chocolate mousse

Cherries Jubilee
 
Gluten Free Bread
 Everything was really good. The gluten free bread grew on me. The first night I took a bite of it and went YUCK! But they kept bringing it to me every night so I just kept trying it and I honestly liked it more and more. The best way to describe it is like warm biscuits. So I just slathered on the butter and ended up kind of missing it by the time I got home from the cruise.

I started off being really careful when I'd eat breakfast and lunch up at the buffet, but by halfway through the week I quit worrying about it. Like I've mentioned before, I do not have celiac disease, the main reason I east gluten free is because it really helps with my tummy issues (IBS). I still used common sense with the food choices I made, but I just stopped worrying about hidden gluten. And I was fine and didn't have any ill-effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment