Paradise

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Balsamic Honey Mustard Salad Dressing

This is my absolute favorite salad dressing! I've been making it for years and I still love it. Normally if I order a salad at a restaurant, my dressing of choice is more creamy, like  Thousand Island and Ranch, then I put them both on my salad, mixed together. But when I'm in the mood for a vinaigrette, or if I'm serving a salad to company, this Balsamic Honey Mustard Dressing is definitely my go to recipe. And as a bonus, it's fat-free,quick and easy to mix together, and only has 3 ingredients!

You can use this dressing on any salad, but here's a typical idea of a salad I might make. 

  • chopped Romaine lettuce or Spinach
  • chopped green onions
  • shredded carrots
  • chopped bell peppers
  • shredded aged cheddar cheese or crumbled feta
  • craisins or raisins
  • slivered nuts or sunflower seeds
  • Sometimes: tuna, chicken, beets, celery, tomatoes, cottage cheese, avocado...

Balsamic Honey Mustard Dressing
Yield: 2 servings

1 Tbs Honey (I spray the measuring spoon with cooking spray so the honey slides out easily)
1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
3 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar

Combine ingredients with a whisk or shake it up in a container with a tight fitting lid.

For work I often mix the ingredients in a little tupperware container to bring with me, then shake it up before putting it on my salad, two days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment