Paradise

Monday 18 June 2012

Honey Cinnamon Coconut Oil (Frozen Treat!)

I started taking coconut oil recently because I keep hearing about all the health benefits and that it can help with weight loss. Today I tried something new with it and wanted to share, because it was so good! 

The first time I tried coconut oil I ate it plain off a spoon. It's kinda solid so it has a strange but oddly fun texture as it melts in your mouth. I don't think I can eat it like that every day though, so I've been trying to come up with other ways to take it. 

I'm going to start using it for cooking instead of olive oil, and baking too... (not that I bake much, I hate baking!) But I'm going to try it instead of butter in my flourless oatmeal chocolate chip coconut cookies. And I think it might taste good drizzled on popcorn with a little salt (as a healthy alternative to butter), but I haven't tried that yet either. I've heard that a lot of people mix it in their coffee or tea, but that sounds like it would be really greasy to me. blech. But you never know, maybe it would be surprisingly good?!?


Honey Cinnamon Coconut Oil


Honey Cinnamon Coconut Oil (Frozen Treat!)
Yield:  1 serving

I didn't measure my ingredients, so this is just an estimation which you can adjust to your tastes accordingly.

2 tsp Organic virgin coconut oil
1 tsp Honey (next time I might try using Agave Nectar, which I show in the photo)
dash of Cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Stir ingredients together in a little bowl or cup (I used a little ramekin).
  2. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes (it goes hard really fast). Enjoy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment