Paradise

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Refried Bean Tostadas


There's something about corn tortillas that I don't like, at least not while they're uncooked or plain. That's why I can't use them for wraps for sandwiches and stuff like that. But I do like them if they're cooked until crisp or used in tortilla casseroles! And I absolutely LOVE refried beans (just the store-bought, fat-free canned type). So tonight I decided to make something that would use both.

Hubby wasn't home for dinner so I was free to make whatever I wanted, even a meal without meat! Imagine that. He would never consider a meatless meal to be dinner. 

Anyway, I decided to make Refried Bean Tostadas tonight and they turned out very yummy if I do say so myself! I'm sure they would also be awesome with some taco seasoned chicken or ground beef instead of, or in addition to the refried beans (note to self for future hubby-approved carnivorous dinners).  :)

Refried Bean Tostadas


Refried Bean Tostadas
Yield:  2 servings

4 6" corn tortillas
1 cup refried beans
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Optional Toppings:
 - lettuce
 - tomatoes
 - onions
 - olives
 - sour cream
 - guacamole
 - salsa

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cook the tortillas in a single layer on a cooking sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes.
  3. Remove from oven and top the tortillas with 1/4 cup refried beans and 1/8 cup of shredded cheese.  
  4. Bake for another 5 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven and top with any or all of the optional toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment