Paradise

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Battle of the Bulge

I just returned from a week at an amazing all-inclusive resort in Cancun. I have to say, in terms of wanting to lose weight, there's nothing more motivating than spending a week in your bathing suit surrounded by skinny, beautiful people! Ugh. About halfway through the trip I decided that I'd join weight watchers as soon as I got home.

I've been gluten free for over a year now. When I first went gluten free the thought of dieting at the same time as learning this new way of eating was just too much for me. So I decided to focus on the gluten first. I didn't mean to let a whole year go by before getting serious about battling my bulge. 

My biggest problem is actually is my love for wine. Sweet, beautiful, wonderful wine oh how I love thee. Every night.  So I had to come to grips this week with the fact that if I want to be serious about losing weight, I'm going to have to cut down on the wine consumption. 

I'm on day 3 of weight watchers, I'm doing the online version - and so far so good!  I'll start posting some of the photos and recipes with the points as I go along. Last night I made a big batch of turkey chili! 

Excellence Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres

No comments:

Post a Comment