Paradise

Sunday 17 February 2013

Easy Chicken Parmesan

Tomorrow will be one week on Weight Watchers. Whoohoo!!!  

Seriously, that's the longest I've stuck to any diet in I don't know how long! And it's been a great week food-wise, I mean I haven't felt deprived at all. But I have been absolutely terrible at remembering to take pictures of my recipes. Every single night I ate dinner and then went - whoops! I forgot to take a picture! So here's the one picture I did take (Easy Chicken Parmesan), but it was taken before baking. Yup, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.

Anyway, what a super easy recipe for those nights when you just want to be able to throw dinner together quickly. I served this with rice but I think it would be even better with pasta. I just didn't feel like cooking two types of noodles that night (the family won't eat my gluten free rice noodles). EVEN THOUGH TINKYADA ROCKS! So I decided we'd all have it with rice. (little vent, sorry.) :)






Easy Chicken Parmesan

Servings: 4
WW Points+: 5 per serving


Ingredients
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar (about 2.5 cups) of jarred pasta sauce (make sure it's a low fat variety)
4 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp black pepper

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Pour sauce into a 12x9” baking dish. Stir in parmesan cheese and spices.
  3. Add chicken and turn to evenly coat both sides of breasts with sauce. Cover.
  4. Bake for about 40 minutes or until chicken is done. (I used frozen breasts and cooked them for an hour)
  5. Serve with rice or pasta (WW points not included)

Note
If you have extra points to splurge on, top chicken with some shredded mozzarella about 5 minutes before removing from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment