Paradise

Monday 27 February 2012

Gluten Free and Weight Loss

Have I lost any weight since going gluten free 6 weeks ago? Nope, not really, or at least nothing drastic.  Well actually I did lose about 7 pounds but then I gained 2 pounds back, so I'm down a total of 5 pounds. 

I know that losing weight wasn't the main purpose of this lifestyle change... but I was really-REALLY hoping it was going to be a big side effect of it. Especially since I gave up my all-time favorite breakfast, a sandwich. Yes, up until 6 weeks ago I used to eat a sandwich for breakfast every single morning. My favorites were toasted cheese with mayo (sometimes with dill pickles on it), or turkey and cheese with mayo. Now my usual breakfast is two rice cakes with peanut butter and jelly, shouldn't that count for something? ;)

I even just tried doing the low-carb thing for a (little) while, but after 3 days of losing a pound a day, I started gaining instead over the next 4 or 5 days, so I gave that up pretty quickly. So I decided to just stick with gluten free and try and eat less carbs and sugar overall.

If I had to pinpoint the problem I would say that my love of cheese (on everything), and my love of wine are probably the things that are holding me back from seeing better weight loss results. But, I'm just not ready or willing to give those two things up at this point in time!

Do you have any tips for losing weight while going gluten free?

No comments:

Post a Comment