Paradise

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Gluten Free Pasta Primavera "Concoction"

I often make "concoctions" for dinner and tonight was no exception. I would call tonight's concoction Gluten Free Pasta Primavera. Just FYI, my hubby is a SUPER picky eater, so I always dread his nightly phone call on his way home from work to ask me what's for dinner. He always hopes I say something like Lasagna or Meatloaf, but usually it's more like "ummm it's kinda like a ____ but with a ____ and a ____ instead of a ____. 

And tonight was no exception. I knew two things, I wanted to use up some veggies for dinner and I wanted to cook the Annie's Rice Pasta & Cheddar that's been sitting in my pantry. So I came up with this...

The noodles, veggie/chicken mixture and sauce
The noodles
Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
The veggie/chicken mixture
Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
Gluten free Pasta Primavera
Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
Pasta Primavera with extra Parmesan and pepper!


Gluten Free Pasta Primavera
Yield:  4 servings

1 box Annie's Rice Pasta & Cheddar
2 cups assorted veggies, chopped (I used onion, red pepper, grape tomatoes, broccoli)
9oz cooked chicken breast (I keep this recipe in my freezer for recipes that call for pre-cooked chicken breasts)
1/4 cup gluten free Italian dressing
1 Tbs cornstarch
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup Kraft Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Cook Annie's Rice Pasta according to directions, drain.
  2. Saute veggies in Italian dressing until crisp-tender. Add cooked chicken and cook a couple minutes longer until heated through.
  3. In a large pot, combine cornstarch, milk and cheddar cheese packet from the Annie's pasta. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Reduce heat and continue whisking for about another minute. 
  4. Add in the rest of the ingredients to the sauce (noodles, veggies & chicken, Parmesan), and stir to combine. Serve.
I topped my serving with extra Parmesan and lots of freshly ground pepper.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment